EWD Electronic condensate drains
The range of EWD electronically controlled condensate drains is synonymous with safe, dependable and economical condensate management.
The intelligent drain function monitors condensate build-up with liquid level sensors and evacuates the condensate only when necessary, thus avoiding wastage of compressed air and giving considerable energy savings.
The EWD drain device offers security and confidence, enabling you to solve all condensate discharge problems even with heavily contaminated systems.
A wide range of different EWD drains is available for oil contaminated condensate and may also be provided with additional hard coating for use with oil-free and aggressive condensate.
OSC 35-2400 Free standing oil-water separators
Inlet capacity: 35 to 2360 l/s, 75 to 5003 cfm
Filtration: oleophilic and activated carbon filters
Oil content: less than 15 mg/l
OSC – Advanced technology for all compressed air condensates
The new and extensive OSC range from Atlas Copco uses patented technology to separate all kinds of compressed air condensate.
The multi-stage separation process, using both buoyant oleophilic filters and activated carbon, ensures exceptional performance, long and proven filter lifetime and trouble-free operation.
All separators are manufactured in accordance with Atlas Copco’s Quality and Environment Management System. These systems comply fully with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. All Atlas Copco separators are tested to perform under the most demanding conditions.
For assured performance and maximum maintainence intervals the specially designed OSC service kits should be used. Each kit is designed to make life as easy and simple as possible, providing all the equipment needed for a fast, clean and trouble-free element changeover.
In addition to the buoyant oleophilic and activated carbon bags needed for one year’s normal operation, the kit includes a whole series of other components to ensure an easy filter exchange:
- A set of buckets with a water-tight sealing lid to put the old bags into, directly after they have been replaced.
- Two sets of inlet mufflers and two vapor diffusion filters, enough for a year’s normal operation
- Two pairs of gloves and two plastic overalls to protect the maintenance engineer from oil splashes
Genuine Spare Parts
Atlas Copco also offers a full set of spare parts for each machine in the range, and a series of options for multiple installations and for operation in extreme climates.
Using replacement parts that do not come from Atlas Copco can be an expensive mistake. A top performance is only achieved using Atlas Copco parts because they have been manufactured to exactly the same specifications as original Atlas Copco parts.
Only Atlas Copco keeps a detailed record of the model and specification changes that take place over the years.
The extensive OSC range from Atlas Copco uses patented technology to separate all kinds of compressed air condensate. The multi-stage separation process, using both buoyant oleophilic filters and carbon, ensures exceptional performance, long and proven filter lifetime and trouble-free operation.
Complete reliability from total simplicity
- Condensate enters through the mufflers and depressurizes in the expansion chamber (1).
- The emulsified oil water mixture then enters tower A and seeps through the white oleophilic filter. The filter absorbs the oil but not the water (2).
- The oleophilic filter floats on the water and absorbs any remaining oil from the surface (3). The additional weight of the oil causes the filter to gradually sink as it gets more saturated, which ensures that clean filter material is always in contact with the surface of the water. The indicator stick at the top of tower A shows the status of the filter; as the filter is consumed, the stick sinks. The filter has to be changed just before it is fully submerged.
- Significantly cleaner condensate flows from tower A to tower B (4).
- Tower B contains a bag of activated carbon pellets (contained in a bag) which absorb any residual oil from the condensate (5).
- Clean condensate exits from tower B with almost no residual oil content, enabling it to be discarded easily and safely (6).